[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown time configuration

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue Dec 17 11:18:46 GMT 2019

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> One observation:
>
> "WARNING: I am unable to call script nut-journal to
> read the NUT activity records in the systemd journal.
>
> .... OR, you're not running systemd.  (Out, out, vile daemon.  You shall not
> pass.)

I definitely need to check that the vile daemon is present and running.

In upsmon.conf there are no NOTIFYFLAG declarations, especially for events
ONBATT and LOWBATT.  When ONBATT and LOWBATT occur nothing will happen. There
are no NOTIFYMSG declarations and in particular no messages for the ONBATT and
LOWBATT events.

If you add NOTIFYFLAG and NOTIFYMSG declarations to upsmon.conf, you should get
a better idea of what is happening.

Additionally, in upsmon.conf there is no NOTIFYCMD declaration which would call
upssched.conf. So the only system shutdown criterion will be on LB status.

Roger