[Nut-upsuser] Delay for ONBATT event

Fred F frederik.vogelsang at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:29:01 GMT 2019

Hi,

my UPS (APC SMC1000C) goes to ONBATT every day for a few seconds. This
event is emitted because of the short daily UPS self-test, which
cannot be disabled.

Depending on the poll interval upsmon/NUT sometimes picks this event
up and a power failure is logged, even if this is not a real power
outage. I would like to prevent that.

Now I was wondering if there is a way to delay the ONBATT event for a
few seconds, so it would only get emitted if the UPS is at ONBATT for
at least ~6 seconds? I am coming from apcupsd, where there was a
"ONBATTERYDELAY" option for this exact purpose, but I have not found
an equivalent for upsmon/NUT yet. Any ideas?

I am using NUT 2.7.4 right now.

Thanks,
Frederik