[Nut-upsuser] Turn on UPS via USB

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Wed Jan 2 00:06:33 GMT 2019

On Tue, 1 Jan 2019, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> Our server has 2 UPS on 2 PSUs.  At 8am, someone unplugged one UPS.  At
> 8:10, they plugged it back in, but turned off the load - presumably to stop
> the beeping.
> So the system is still up on 1 PSU, and can talk to both UPS.  Can't I turn
> on the load via USB?

None of the supported commands seem to do the job.

# upscmd -l aixapc
Instant commands supported on UPS [aixapc]:

beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test
test.panel.start - Start testing the UPS panel
test.panel.stop - Stop a UPS panel test

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at gathman.org>