[Nut-upsuser] Just an interesting data point

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Sun Jan 27 19:36:33 GMT 2019

SO, my full load on my core UPS is two Dell R610s, one Sun X4540, one HP
DL360p gen8, two six-core Thuban-II workstations plua their monitors,
and the network stack and KVM.

The APC SU3000RM (3KVA) that blew up last week considered this to be
just short of 60% load.
The new Cyberpower PR3000 (also 3KVA), wqhich operates at a 90% power
factor, considers this same load to be 43% load.

I wasn't expecting that much of a reduction.

I have the snmp-ups driver working with it, have not enabled upsmon yet,
but upsc seems to get a rather limited set of data from it:

minbar:root:~:1 # upsc backstop at localhost
battery.runtime: 25200.00
battery.runtime.elapsed: 0.00
device.mfr: CYBERPOWER
device.model: PR3000LCDRTXL2U
device.serial: PTEHU2000098
device.type: ups
driver.name: snmp-ups
driver.parameter.mibs: cyberpower
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: backstop.caerllewys.net
driver.parameter.snmp_version: v1
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.4
driver.version.data: cyberpower MIB 0.1
driver.version.internal: 0.97
ups.firmware: 4.520
ups.mfr: CYBERPOWER
ups.model: PR3000LCDRTXL2U
ups.serial: PTEHU2000098
ups.status: OL

In particular, no load, no input or output voltage.  (And the runtime
report is not to be trusted yet until I do a calibration run.)

Is this to be expected from snmp-ups?

(Also, I can so far connect only using snmpv1, but I don't know whether
I should expect to get any additional data from snmpv3 anyway.)

The HCL seems to imply that this UPS should *also* be supported by the
powerpanel driver.  However, I see from the documentation that the
powerpanel driver is a lot of best-effort because cyberpower is
uncommunicative about details of the protocol, and also I'm not seeing
in the documentation of the powerpanel driver what type of connection it
expects.  Can anyone fill in that detail for me?  I'd like to give it a try.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net