[Nut-upsuser] New improved version of nut-report script

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sun Jul 14 15:52:43 BST 2019

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019, Charles Lepple wrote:

> Can you please run this script to get more information about your setup? I
> think just gzip'ing the report file should be sufficient to make it small
> enough to attach to an email reply. (Also, for Ubuntu, you will need to change
> D="/etc/ups" to D="/etc/nut")
>
> http://rogerprice.org/NUT/#NUT_REPORT

I have reworked this script so that

  1. It tries to autodetect where the configuration files and executables are
located.

  2. It is easy to add further variations of these directories.

The script is still at the same URL.  If you want to include a systemd journal
report, you will also need script nut-journal to be found at the same URL.  The
resulting report when gzipped is about 6KBytes.

I have tested with openSUSE, but I would much appreciate anyone downloading the
script and running it on a different operating system.  All comments and
corrections are very welcome.

Roger