[Nut-upsuser] odd msg at top of upsc output

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 00:05:35 BST 2019

On May 31, 2019, at 11:19 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 31 May 2019 10:08:02 am Charles Lepple wrote:
>>
>> To be honest, I thought we had fixed this a while ago (NUT 2.7.1), but
>> I guess it popped back up again:
>> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/30
>
> nut 2.7.2.  Built from the tarball. Some option I should have configured
> it for?

Gene,

I misread issue #30 - that issue was because upsc was sending "Init SSL without certificate database" to stdout (which would break scripts), not stderr (which just annoys people). So the stdout/stderr thing was fixed in NUT 2.7.1.

If you're building NUT from tarballs, and you are just running things locally, you could configure it without SSL or NSS support. (Should be something like "--without-ssl")

On the other hand, didn't you say in a previous email (mid-May) that you were using packages? If so, wolfy's suggestion is similar to the instructions here: https://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s09.html#_nss_backend_usage .

--
- Charles Lepple
https://ghz.cc/charles/