[Nut-upsuser] NUT and Raspberry pi 3b+

Vladimir Zaitchikov zaitchikk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:05:46 BST 2019

I have a Powercom SPD-850U UPS. I try to connect this UPS with my
Raspberry PI 3B + via NUT,
I came to the conclusion - all works nice with Raspbian (2018-03-13),
the first one that supports 3B +, but does not work with the latest
version of Raspbian (2019-04-08). I think, the algorithm for working
with the USB bus has changed in the latest versions of the kernel. And
this is bad, because it breaks down the work of previously debugged
programs.

I tried to contact Raspbian support. Details here
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2977

They argue that this is a NUT problem and advised to contact support of
the NUT. I don’t really believe it and ask someone from the NUT
developers to enter into the dialogue using the above url.