[Nut-upsuser] apc with rs232

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue May 28 13:23:02 BST 2019

On 28.05.19 13:57, grumpy at mailfence.com wrote:
>a friend gave me an old apc smart-ups 1250
>it has a rs232 interface but i have no pc with a rs232 port
>i attempted to use a rs232 to usb adapter but the ups goes nuts
>i connected the ups to batteries and verified it was working properly
>when i plug the usb cable into the pc the ups shuts down
>when i attempt to turn it on it beeps twice and shuts down
>this all occurs before i start the nut software
>other than give up or buy a new ups, any suggestions

last time I user APC UPS, it shut the system down a few seconds after power
outage (when disconnected serial port, it held until the battery
discharged).

did you configure NUT to work with the UPS first?

you should be able to debug UPS communication while disconnected from it, if
that's feasible

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.