[Nut-upsuser] NUT doesn't work with Eaton 9PX with Network-MS - "Unknown UPS"

Victor Hooi victorhooi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 14:33:19 GMT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Raspberry Pi to monitor our UPSes, and gracefully
shutdown our servers, as per this guide:

https://openschoolsolutions.org/shutdown-servers-case-power-failure%e2%80%8a-%e2%80%8aups-nut-co/
https://hackernoon.com/how-to-shutdown-your-servers-in-case-of-power-failure-ups-nut-co-34d22a08e92

This is on Raspbian 10, running on a Raspberry Pi.

NUT is version 2.7.4 and was installed from the normal Debian repositories.

The UPSes we have are a

   - Eaton 9PX 1000i RT 2U with Network-MS
   - CyberPower OLS1500E with RMCARD205

When I run upsdrvctl start, I get an MIB/OID error:

$ sudo upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.4
> Network UPS Tools - Generic SNMP UPS driver 0.97 (2.7.4)
> Detected Eaton 9PX on host 10.7.10.7 (mib: mge 0.5)
> Network UPS Tools - Generic SNMP UPS driver 0.97 (2.7.4)
> No matching MIB found for sysOID '.1.3.6.1.4.1.3808.1.1.1'!
> Please report it to NUT developers, with an 'upsc' output for your device.
> Going back to the classic MIB detection method.
> Detected OLS2000E on host 10.7.78.70 (mib: cyberpower 0.1)
> Broadcast message from nut at rp3-vw-monitoring (somewhere) (Thu Nov  7
> 14:18:00 2
> Communications with UPS cyberpower1 at localhost established

I use upsc to query the CyberPower:

$ upsc cyberpower1
> Init SSL without certificate database
> battery.runtime: 795600.00
> battery.runtime.elapsed: 0.00
> battery.voltage: 82.00
> device.mfr: CYBERPOWER
> device.model: OLS2000E
> device.serial: 1KK8W3000003
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: snmp-ups
> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 15
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: 10.7.78.70
> driver.parameter.snmp_version: v1
> driver.parameter.synchronous: no
> driver.version: 2.7.4
> driver.version.data: cyberpower MIB 0.1
> driver.version.internal: 0.97
> ups.firmware: 3.0.5
> ups.mfr: CYBERPOWER
> ups.model: OLS2000E
> ups.serial: 1KK8W3000003
> ups.status: OL

However, when I try to query the Eaton, it says "Unknown UPS":

$ upsc eaton9px
> Init SSL without certificate database
> Error: Unknown UPS

This is the configuration for the Eaton in /etc/nut/ups.conf

[eaton9px]
>   driver = snmp-ups
>   port = 10.7.10.7
>   community = public
>   snmp_version = v1
>   pollfreq = 15
>   desc = "Eaton 9PX in server room"

Any ideas what's going on, or how to get the Eaton 9PX working with NUT?

Thanks,
Victor