[Nut-upsuser] "battery is low" logged

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Sep 7 00:02:57 BST 2019

On 07/09/2019 08.28, James wrote:
> I got around to unplugging my UPS and I found it doesn't last nearly as long as estimated.
>
> Is the "upsmon[1446]: UPS desktop_ups at localhost battery is low" logged when "battery.runtime:" = "battery.runtime.low: 120"?
>
> Does any make better batteries that don't go down faster when they get old?

In my experience batteries die after about 4 years.

No UPS that I owned could tell that the batteries are bad, I find this when the UPS power is
disconnected and the UPS shuts down soon (often in seconds).

You can test the condition of the battery by periodically removing the power input and see how long
it actually runs down to, say, 20%.

Vendor software usually has a "test" feature, don't know if nut has this.

HTH

[trim]

--
Eyal at Home (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)