[Nut-upsuser] raspberry pi and tripplite_usb

Larry Fahnoe fahnoe at fahnoetech.com
Tue Sep 10 16:15:42 BST 2019

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 9:40 AM <grumpy at mailfence.com> wrote:

> i have a OMNIVS1500XL
> i have used nut for several years on a full sized pc with no problems
> i am trying to get nut working with this ups on a raspberry pi
> i tried with a pi 3b running raspbian stretch
> i tried with a pi 3b running raspbian buster
> i tried plugging the usb cable straight into the pi
> i tried using a powered usb hub
> i tried rebuilding nut from the source package
> all caused the pi to crash after 1/2 days
> the crash report always begins with
> "Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 30343153"

I have two Tripp-Lites at 2 different sites: a SMART2200NET (via serial)
and a SMART2200VS (via USB). Each has a Raspberry Pi 3B acting as the NUT
master for their respective environments. The RPis have run Jesse, Stretch
and now Buster & have been very stable for me. I've always used the
Raspbian packaged version of NUT. Since you've validated the UPS and NUT
with another system, makes it look like the RPi might have an issue--I
wonder about the SD card, might it be the cause of your issues? Most of my
RPis are using SanDisk Extreme 16GB (SDSQXNE-016G-GN6MA) SD cards which
have seemed to be rock solid.

--Larry

--
Larry Fahnoe, Fahnoe Technology Consulting, fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
           Minneapolis, Minnesota       www.FahnoeTech.com