[Nut-upsuser] Synology NAS is shutting down Ubuntu servers after very brief power outage (fwd)

Todd Benivegna todd at benivegna.com
Wed Aug 12 01:20:02 BST 2020

Hi everyone,

Well, we lost power here again.  I was not at home, but I guess a dump truck smashed into some power poles and took out half the city; actually tripped most of the breakers in the panel.  Anyways, the power was out for just a few seconds and of course my servers shutdown on me after power being out for just a second or two.  Here is my syslog from two different machines.  I included everything just in case.

“Proton":  https://hastebin.com/uluqaqetuc.bash
"Plex”:  https://hastebin.com/apudatonun.sql

Let me know what you think.  I just tested everything over the weekend and it all worked perfectly; cut power and machines stayed up until it was time to shut them down (I temporarily configured them to shut down after 5 minutes so I didn’t have to wait for the entire battery to drain).  I seriously at am a total loss.  I guess HDD Hibernation was not the culprit either since I’m still getting the same results.   Ugh.  Thanks everyone for all your help so far!!!!!

Regards,

Todd

Todd Benivegna // todd at benivegna.com