[Nut-upsuser] Synology NAS is shutting down Ubuntu servers after very brief power outage (fwd)

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Aug 14 01:54:24 BST 2020

On August 14, 2020 3:46:05 AM GMT+03:00, Todd Benivegna <todd at benivegna.com> wrote:
>So I finally got a test in after I changed my RPi to the master and
>everything else (including my Synology) to slaves.  Before I did that
>though, I timed the shutdown of my Synology since it is the slowest
>slave to shutdown.  It took 40 seconds to shutdown, so I changed
>HOSTSYNC in upsmon.conf on the master (“Proton”) to 60.  I then did a
>test ("sudo upsmon -c fsd”). The slaves shutdown, then eventually the
>master, but the Synology never powered down and the UPS powered off
>which cut the power to it while it was still on.  Anyone know what the
>heck is going on?
Beside the ups mngmnt software ( after Roger's analysis I refuse to call it "nut" any more) on the Synology being a POS ?
Assuming you did configure correctly the client on the Synology, I guess that probably they reimplemented the slave part just as well as the server..

I wonder how difficult it would be to rip off their modifications and revert to a.standard, functional nut.