[Nut-upsuser] Synology NAS is shutting down Ubuntu servers after very brief power outage (fwd)

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Aug 14 02:34:17 BST 2020

On August 14, 2020 4:01:17 AM GMT+03:00, Todd Benivegna <todd at benivegna.com> wrote:
>Not much in the way of configuration…. I’m pretty sure I’ve got it
>correct.

We have a saying here "do not force it, use a bigger hammer".
Just setup a timer on proton triggered by LB (or whenever you seem fit , like  "5 more minutes of power left" ). When activated, have a script connect via ssh to the NAS and kindly ask it to shutdown (i.e "ssh admin at Synoligy poweroff').

Far from elegant but saves the data.