[Nut-upsuser] Synology NAS is shutting down Ubuntu servers after very brief power outage (fwd)

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Aug 14 02:44:25 BST 2020

On August 14, 2020 4:34:17 AM GMT+03:00, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>On August 14, 2020 4:01:17 AM GMT+03:00, Todd Benivegna
><todd at benivegna.com> wrote:
>>Not much in the way of configuration…. I’m pretty sure I’ve got it
>>correct.
>>

>We have a saying here "do not force it, use a bigger hammer".
>Just setup a timer on proton triggered by LB (or whenever you seem fit
>, like  "5 more minutes of power left" ). When activated, have a script
>connect via ssh to the NAS and kindly ask it to shutdown (i.e "ssh
>admin at Synoligy poweroff').
>
>Far from elegant but saves the data.

Actually I thought another ugly hack which replaces the ssh command.
If you have netcat or if bash on the synology knows about /dev/tcp it is easy to write a daemon-like script which lustens on a specific port and triggers a shutdown when receiving a command from a script launched when needed on proton.