[Nut-upsuser] Synology NAS is shutting down Ubuntu servers after very brief power outage (fwd)

Larry Fahnoe fahnoe at fahnoetech.com
Tue Aug 18 12:50:10 BST 2020

Hi Todd,

On my Synology boxes which are currently running DSM 6.2.3 Update 2,
Control Panel / Hardware & Power / UPS:

Enable UPS support

Network UPS type: Synology UPS server

Time before DiskStation enters Safe mode: 15 min

Network UPS server IP: x.x.x.x

I should probably lower the Safe mode setting as the NUT config is
currently shutting things down after 10 min on battery; I used to let it
run on battery for 20 min, thus the longer Safe mode.

>From upssched.conf on the RPi master:

# Shut down after 10min on battery
AT ONBATT * START-TIMER shutdown-timer 300
AT ONLINE * CANCEL-TIMER shutdown-timer

--Larry