[Nut-upsuser] This Liebert device (10af:0002) is not supported. Newer Lithium PSI5 device.

Lucas Keipper lucask at lmkconsulting.net
Thu Dec 10 20:44:35 GMT 2020

Hi there. I have a new Liebert Vertiv PSI5 Lithium UPS connected to my
Ubuntu 18.04 box via USB that I am trying to configure with NUT. This
device is not on the HCL, but should be pretty similar to the  PSI 1440 USB
which uses the usbhid-ups driver. (or I'm completely wrong, but it's a
similar product family...)

I know it's not officially supported, but if someone would like to use me
as the guinea pig for the correct driver settings then I'm open to some
additional testing.

ups.conf entry:
[VertivPSI5-lithium]
   driver = usbhid-ups
   port = auto

"sudo /sbin/upsdrvctl start" outputs the below:

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.4
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.41 (2.7.4)
USB communication driver 0.33
This Liebert device (10af:0002) is not (or perhaps not yet) supported
by usbhid-ups. Please make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If
this does not fix the problem, try running the driver with the
'-x productid=0002' option. Please report your results to the NUT user's
mailing list <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

How do I "run the driver with -x ..."? I've tried adding it to the end of
the command line and adding it to the ups.conf file, but neither work.

I have updated the system via apt.

NUT version is: 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2

Thanks!

—