[Nut-upsuser] Belkin USB UPS Not Turning Off

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Wed Jan 1 10:21:11 GMT 2020

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019, David White wrote:

> ... But it did not actually turn off the UPS at all. The UPS kept
> beeping and I had to turn it off manually.
>
> I thought that NUT would handle this. But perhaps it cannot for my unit? Or
> perhaps I have things improperly configured? Any suggestions? Thanks and
> happy new year!

>         ########### /etc/nut/upsmon.conf ###########
> MONITOR belkinusb at localhost 1 local_mon ********* master
> MINSUPPLIES 1
> SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
> NOTIFYCMD /home/android/nutShutdown.sh
> POLLFREQ 5
> POLLFREQALERT 5
> HOSTSYNC 15
> DEADTIME 15
> POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
> NOTIFYMSG ONBATT        "UPS %s on battery"
> NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT       WALL+EXEC
> RBWARNTIME 43200
> NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
> FINALDELAY 5

>         ########### /etc/nut/upssched.conf ###########
> CMDSCRIPT /bin/upssched-cmd

Happy New Year David!, The command "/sbin/upsdrvctl shutdown" turns off the UPS
unit, but this is not being executed.  How do you plan to shut down on power
failure?  Will you wait for upsd's [LB] status or use a timer?  The simplest is
to wait for [LB], but the upsmon.conf contains no declarations for NOTIFYFLAG
LOWBATT.

The script /home/android/nutShutdown.sh will be called when wall power fails,
but nut-report was unable to show its contents.  Should nutShutdown.sh perform
the system shutdown?

Perhaps a more complete set of NOTIFYFLAG and NOTIFYMSG declarations will make
things clearer.  I would also recommend adding the SYSLOG option to the
declarations.

Do you shutdown using systemd?

Roger