[Nut-upsuser] unexpected UPS status

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Jan 8 16:40:15 GMT 2020

On Wednesday 08 January 2020 08:15:01 Roger Price wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 January 2020 06:44:03 Roger Price wrote:
> >> I am surprised that there is no ups.delay.start for this UPS.
> >
> > My new APC Smart-UPS_1500 doesn't have it either.
>
> Hello Gene, The NUT 2.7.2 "device dump library" entry for the APC
> Smart-UPS 1500 at
> https://networkupstools.org/ddl/APC/Smart-UPS_1500.html shows an entry
> for ups.delay.start, so could you submit the output of the commands
> current features of this UPS may be included.
>
> Roger
UPSC myups:
gene at coyote:/usr/src/nut-2.7.2/docs$ upsc myups
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.runtime: -1
battery.runtime.low: 150
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 26.2
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Smart-UPS_1500
device.serial: 3S1906X11389
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.offdelay: 120
driver.parameter.ondelay: 0
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.4
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.96
driver.version.internal: 0.41
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 120
ups.firmware: UPS 03.5 / ID=1015
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2019/02/06
ups.model: Smart-UPS_1500
ups.productid: 0003
ups.serial: 3S1906X11389
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.reboot: -1
ups.timer.shutdown: 65535
ups.vendorid: 051d

upsrw myups:
[battery.charge.low]
Remaining battery level when UPS switches to LB (percent)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 10

[battery.runtime.low]
Remaining battery runtime when UPS switches to LB (seconds)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 150

[ups.delay.shutdown]
Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 120

upscmd -l myups:
Instant commands supported on UPS [myups]:

beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress

Looks fairly simple, too simple IMNSHO.

Thanks for asking Roger, I hope this helps.