[Nut-upsuser] Hardware compatibility report: APC Smart-UPS_1500

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Jan 9 00:20:14 GMT 2020

On Wednesday 08 January 2020 16:14:36 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 January 2020 15:44:10 Roger Price wrote:
> > Gene's posting:
> > https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2020-January/0
> >11 654.html contains a NUT 2.7.4 update for the APC Smart-UPS_1500
> > device dump at
> > https://networkupstools.org/ddl/APC/Smart-UPS_1500.html
> >
> > Please note the changes since the 2.7.2 report, e.g. ups.delay.start
> > is no longer supported.
> >
> > Roger
>
> No matter, thats 2.7.2 I'm running.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Never mind the time question, it did report it but much longer than
before:

real    291m44.098s
user    249m12.123s
sys     59m22.249s

Obviously running on the ondemand governor, which was why I had issued
the remake after using make menuconfig to reset it to performance.  It
has plenty of cooling so that should not be a problem.  Sigh...

I think next try will be debian arm64 based.  All this diddles with the
video clocking which determines the spi clock speeds. So at least the
on-demand governor must be disabled when running linuxcnc on it, and
preferably leaving performance as its only choice.  And while that
kernel is now built, its not been installed.

Thanks for listening to my muttering Roger, and TIA for the docs rewrite
I've been told you've done since 2.7.2. Right now I need to round up
some vittles for both of us, and remove the cap of the one nightly near
beer I as a diabetic allow me.

Take care now all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)