[Nut-upsuser] Timer doesn't appear to start

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Jan 27 08:31:49 GMT 2020

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020, Greg Treantos wrote:

> I have a Raspberry PI that I have connected to a Deltec UPS via serial
> (upscode2 driver). ... On the old OS when I pull the power I would see a
> message in the syslog that a timer was set. On the new system I never see that
> message.

> here is my upssched.conf
> CMDSCRIPT /bin/upssched-cmd
> PIPEFN /home/nutmon/upssched/upssched.pipe
> LOCKFN /home/nutmon/upssched/upssched.lock
> AT COMMBAD deltec-PRA1500 at localhost START-TIMER upsgone 10
> AT ONBATT deltec-PRA1500 at localhost START-TIMER upsonbat 60

When a timer is running, the ps command will show that upssched is running.
For example, I have timers running 24hrs to operate a "heartbeat" function, and
at any time the command "ps -elf | grep upssched" reports

  1 S upsd 2962 1  00:00:18 /usr/sbin/upssched UPS heartbeat at localhost:

At a moment when a timer should be running in your PI, what does this command
report?

Roger