[Nut-upsuser] Timer doesn't appear to start

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Jan 27 15:25:27 GMT 2020

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020, Greg Treantos wrote:

> Here are my permissions and user info. Let me know if there is anything else I should check
>
> pi at nutpi:~ $ ls -alt /etc/nut
> total 56
> drwxr-xr-x 87 root root  4096 Jan 26 15:22 ..
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root nut   4096 Jan 26 13:53 .
> -rw-r-----  1 root nut   4719 Jan 26 13:15 upssched.conf
>
> the user I created for nut is nutmon. Here is the directory permissions for that user
>
> pi at nutpi:~ $ sudo ls -alt /home/nutmon
> total 32
> -rw------- 1 nutmon nutmon  172 Jan 26 12:32 .bash_history
> drwxrwx--- 2 nutmon nutmon 4096 Jan 26 12:32 upssched

> root at nutpi:/etc/nut# grep ^[^#] upsd.users
> [nutmon]
>         password = <userpwd>
>         upsmon master
>
> root at nutpi:/etc/nut# grep ^[^#] upsmon.conf
> RUN_AS_USER nutmon
> MONITOR deltec-PRA1500 at localhost 1 nutmon <userpwd> master

Hello Greg,

When you reply to a digest entry, could you change the subject line back to the
original subject line. If you leave the "Digest" subject line, the archive
thread is broken, and it makes it harder to find your posting in the incoming
e-mail.

The file upsmon.conf does not point to the upssched binary.  I would expect to
see a declaration such as:

  NOTIFYCMD /home/nutmon/upssched

The line

> -rw-r-----  1 root nut   4719 Jan 26 13:15 upssched.conf

says that you have a group called "nut", but user "nutmon" appears to be in
group "nutmon".  Is this deliberate ?

Roger