[Nut-upsuser] OMNIVSX1000D Compatibility

objecttothis objecttothis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:28:36 BST 2020

Thank you David.  I think the end goal of making this UPS compatible with NUT helps both Tripp-Lite and NUT users in that greater compatibility insures more users purchase Tripp-Lite products.  I do understand Tripp-Lite wanting to do their due diligence to protect IP, however, it seems like unless NUT devs can get a hold of some sort of documentation, it's more difficult to make this and similar models compatible.

Is the reason that 2012 and other protocol documentation is released and not 3024 because 3024 is a current protocol and others are not?  I'm not familiar enough with the code base to know all of what's needed, but perhaps Tripp-lite can avoid the situation altogether by publishing API interface documentation without publishing inner-workings of the protocol.