[Nut-upsuser] Runtime testing

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Mon Jun 22 15:40:58 BST 2020

So, a while back I got around to ordering replacement batteries for my
CyberPower PR3000LCDRTXL2U.  When they arrived, I went to swap them in.
 I was horrified at the flimsiness of CyberPower's battery "trays".
I've seen heavier gauge plastic on "blister" packages in the store.

I ALSO discovered that the expansion unit had been shipped to me with
one of its two battery trays not even connected.

Well, that could sure account for unexpectedly short runtime, huh?

Anyway, I reconnected it.  Can anyone point me at where the procedures
for runtime calibration using NUT are documented?  Can anyone tell me
whether Cyberpower's behavior on runtime calibration is to drain the
battery to low-power threshold, then keep power on while it recharges,
or to drain to low-power threshold and then kill the power?  I've been
unpleasantly surprised that way before.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications