[Nut-upsuser] Low Battery Problems

Larry Fahnoe fahnoe at fahnoetech.com
Mon Jun 22 21:30:40 BST 2020

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 2:45 PM Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:

> On Monday 22 June 2020 15:36:21 Charles Lepple wrote:
>
> > On Jun 22, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > So I just edited /etc/nut/upsd.users to add both the commands it
> > > claims to have but get this response to either:
> >
> > In your original example, you had multiple “instcmd =“ lines for one
> > user- I think the allowed commands all need to be listed on one
> > instcmd line.
>
> They are now # commented, and instcmds  = ALL added in a new line.  Made
> zero diff.

If instcmds = ALL is not working, makes me wonder if the problem is more
with the declaration of the pi user in upsd.users. Is there any chance
you're supplying the linux password for pi rather than the one defined in
upsd.users?

--Larry

--
Larry Fahnoe, Fahnoe Technology Consulting, fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
           Minneapolis, Minnesota       www.FahnoeTech.com