[Nut-upsuser] Low Battery Problems

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Jun 23 00:00:15 BST 2020

On Monday 22 June 2020 18:05:56 Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2020, at 3:42 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > pi at rpi4:~ $ sudo nano /etc/nut/upsd.users
> > pi at rpi4:~ $ upscmd myups test.battery.start.deep
>
> You'll need a "sudo upsd -c reload" in between editing the users file
> and trying a new command.
>
> https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsd.html
> <https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsd.html>

I didn't know that, so I reached into /etc/init.d and restarted it all,
one at a time,  and a deep test that I expect will take half a day, is
running now.

I am assuming it will log the back on line time and start charging a
nearly dead leadacid battery when it hits a 10% remaining voltage.
Sometime in the night maybe. pi's don't draw much, not enough to
register in a upsc report.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis