[Nut-upsuser] NUT-Server will not start at boot with Cyberpower PR1500

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Mar 7 17:53:00 GMT 2020

On Saturday 07 March 2020 12:38:07 Paul Newbery wrote:

> Hi Charles,
> Thanks for your response. No, I only put 192.168.1.64 as an extra
> option as I want to allow Slave access from another computer.
> Otherwise, access will normally only be from localhost. There is only
> one network interface on this machine. I will try it out with "LISTEN
> 0.0.0.0 3493" and see what happens. I must confess I usually run
> without a firewall as I'm only running a home network, but I suppose I
> really should start using it! I will report back.
> Paul N.
> ________________________________

I would add that the best place for the firewall is in your router, by
reflashing it with dd-wrt. In 2 decades of running it that way here, no
one has come thru it to gain nefarious access has managed to do so.  By
putting your switch on the local side of your router, you have the run
of your local network, with no firewalls to have to putz with but
dd-wrt's sharp teeth are keeping the black hats out.  Not to mention it
has no TLA back doors.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis