[Nut-upsuser] Fwd: Windows upssched does not work

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Wed Mar 11 12:43:10 GMT 2020

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020, Radoslav Chovan wrote:

> ut 10. 3. 2020 o 16:34 Roger Price <roger at rogerprice.org> napĂ­sal(a):
>>
>> On Tue, 10 Mar 2020, Radoslav Chovan wrote:
>>
>> > I have problem with upssched on windows. Upssched is not executed. I
>> > have 2 scripts, 1 for notification in upsmon and second for scheduling
>> > in upssched. Monitoring is working fine, script write to log. I'm
>> > using binary windows installer 2.6.5-6 from NUT.
>>
>> > --- upsmon.conf
>> > MONITOR ups_1000 at 192.168.3.95 1 <user> <password> slave
>> > MINSUPPLIES 1
>> > SHUTDOWNCMD "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\shutdown.exe /t 600 /s /d u:6:11"
>> > NOTIFYCMD C:\\NUT\\notify.cmd
>>
>> NOTIFYCMD would normally point to the executable upssched binary.
>
> upssched binnary on windows does not have .exe suffix, and original
> binary upssched-cmd is not executed (monitored with procexp), so I've
> copied original upssched-cmd to upssched-cmd.exe and modified
> upsmon.conf to:
> NOTIFYCMD C:\\NUT\\bin\\upssched-cmd.exe

I downloaded NUT-Installer-2.6.5-6.msi to a Linux box and tried to extract the
file sbin/upssched.exe .  It doesn't look like a binary executable.  More like a
lot of HTML wrapped in strange
"ncode_pconf_char.text.unlikely___dyn_tls_dtor at 12___dyn_tls_init@.." symbols.

However, bin/upssched-cmd is a Windows binary executable.  Wierd.

Perhaps someone who understands MSI and the Windows port could explain what
has happened here.

Roger