[Nut-upsuser] NUT loses communications with the UPS

Péter Szabados pszabados at protonmail.com
Sun May 24 09:32:01 BST 2020

Hello,

I have an APC Back-UPS ES 550G. I use the usbhid-ups driver, which works fine most of the time. However, after a few hours of running, it starts to broadcast messages on the network that the UPS is not available, and any attempted queries will return "Data stale". Restarting the driver solves the problem, at least for the next few hours.

I tried adjusting timing settings, but it doesn't seem to help. Currently I have the following settings: on the driver, pollfreq = 5 and pollinterval = 2. In the monitor config, I have POLLFREQ 5, POLLFREQALERT 5 (these are the defaults), and DEADTIME 30.

Here is my uname -a output.
Linux linaro-alip 4.4.16-00006-g4431f98-dirty #1 SMP Mon Apr 17 17:27:25 CST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Péter