[Nut-upsuser] ups.test.result meaning

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 02:53:54 GMT 2020

On Oct 31, 2020, at 8:30 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:

>> battery.voltage: 16.0
> At that voltage, 5 of the 12 cells are shorted
>> battery.voltage.nominal: 24

The 16.0 is a scaled version of the fixed (bogus) 24.0 V reading, similar to this unit:

https://networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/CP1500PFCLCD.html

I think we even "fixed" that after NUT 2.7.2, before I realized that many units are providing a bogus value:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commit/c8950dee9c91ce45d05d8f220ea26891fb92329e

>> output.voltage: 138.0
> too high by about 15 volts

From the other CPS UPS thread on Monday: