[Nut-upsuser] upsd "events"

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Sat Nov 7 18:12:21 GMT 2020

On 11/7/20 11:18 AM, Jason Antman wrote:
> PS - Since someone may ask about it, given my introduction, here's the
> setup I have:
>
> * One CyberPower UPS powering everything
> * Three Linux machines, "A", "B", and "C"
> * A bunch of network devices, as well as two Raspberry Pis
>
> I'm trying to achieve the following shutdown behavior:
> * Kill host A when battery drops to 80%
> * Kill host B at 50%
> * Kill host C at 10%
> * Leave the outputs turned on always, so the network and Pis keep running
> * If the power comes back before the battery is exhausted, a script will
> turn on hosts A, B, and C via wake-on-lan.

This is actually conceptually very similar to what I've been meaning to
set up.  My scheme would be something like:
85% — command all Unix hosts to unmount NFS shares, shut down NAS, shut
down non-critical appserver (this roughly triples runtime)
20% — shut down primary application server
10% — order shutdown of remaining connected workstations, keep network
stack running as long as battery lasts

But I simply haven't had the time and energy to get to it.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net