[Nut-upsuser] grep ID /etc/os-release

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Fri Nov 27 10:11:11 GMT 2020

On Thu, 26 Nov 2020, Jim Klimov wrote:

> Sorry, my mail did not go out... For Solaris-like systems, I am aware of the
> SVR4 packaging recipe in NUT source tree. This defaults to what the configure
> script args tell it, on my box I see /etc/nut for configs in package files,
> and nobody:nobody as the account - but I did not see any distributions
> delivering such packages. I tested installing that in OmniOS FWIW.

I assumed that Solaris/OpenSolaris itself is dead since the Oracle takeover and
the decision by Oracle that the security updates are subscription only.

I added an entry for OpenIndiana with user nut, directory /etc/nut, and the
comment

<< OpenIndiana: historically, NUT was not included as a package in OpenIndiana,
and an OpenIndiana Wiki entry dated 2013
[https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Network+UPS+Tools+(NUT)+and+NUT+Monitor]
recommended user ups and directory /opt/nut/etc/.  The values in the table are
taken from OpenIndiana's current Github data for NUT.
[https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/sysutils/nut/files]

I also added a comment that the default user if the build does not specify one
is nobody:nobody.

Roger