[Nut-upsuser] Multi UPS Monitoring

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sun Oct 11 00:57:16 BST 2020

> > I've read through as many relevant mailing list posts and public blog =
> posts as I could, but I can't seem to find an answer to my issue.
> >=20
> > I currently have 2x Tripp Lite SMART1500LCDXLs, and I am attempting to =
> monitor both of them with the same Raspberry Pi using NUT.

Rasp. Pi, x86 or amd is irrelevant as Pi runs Linux & BSD etc.
Relevant is: What OS ?

If you connect a USB device (mem stick, triplite ups or disc whatevere)
to a FreeBSD computer (PC, rasp. i386 amd64 whatever) the
computer will show serial numbers with all of;
	dmesg
	vi /var/log/messages
	kill -9 `cat /var/run/devd.pid` ; /sbin/devd -d

Cheers,
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Sys. Eng. BSD Linux Unix, Munich & Aachen
http://berklix.com/jhs/cv/