[Nut-upsuser] Can't get CyberPower UPS to work with Raspberry Pi 4

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Oct 30 04:22:57 GMT 2020

On Thursday 29 October 2020 22:12:00 Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2020, at 9:56 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> > Which looks very incomplete to me.  OTOH, its not a very big UPS but
> > neither is the pi.  I have tested that, and it shuts off long before
> > it outouts a LB signal.
>
> Which part looks incomplete, the variables or the commands?

Commands Charles.  Since the pi is a very low drain bit of kit, I
expected to be able to lengthen the shutdown delay, to at least use 50%
of the battery, which should be several hours but its stuck at 2
minutes. Unreal, but it is what it is.

> Even the larger UPSes tend to return a lot of read-only values, and
> only provide a few knobs for shutdown-related settings.

So I note running those cmds on this 1500wa APC under this desk.
Disappointing...

Take care now.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)