[Nut-upsuser] UPS recommendation for NUT and power-on-delay support

Gabriel jarod125 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 22:32:25 BST 2020

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 11:06 PM Bartosz <bartoszmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Could you please recommend me a UPS with 100% support of the ondelay parameter and NUT compatibility?
>
> 850 or 1000 VA
>
> I have the EATON 5E850iUSBDIN UPS and it does not support this parameter so I would like to buy another UPS that for sure will support it.
>
> Thank you,
> Bart

Hi,

I'd also be interested in hearing other people's experiences regarding
this. It would be even better if there'd be the option to power on
only when the battery has been charged to 50% for instance, but I'm
guessing this option is reserved for professional UPSes in the 1k or
higher price range, so I'm not holding my breath.

Currently, I'm running a Legrand KEOR SP 600 which has the OnDelay
option in its software and it seems to work as advertised (I remember
testing witn OnDelay = 60 sec and it worked).

The issue is that their software (UPS communicator v1.34 [1]) is quite
old, so I was only able to get it to run on an old 32bit Debian7 VM.
Yup, in 2020, the software controlling the UPS only runs on 32bit
OSes. So the UPS is controlled by this VM (which I've configured with
USB passthrough) and, when the power goes out, a script on the VM
SSHes into the other devices in the network and shuts them down. Quite
the convoluted setup... Unfortunately, I did not have time to test the
UPS with NUT. Maybe sometime in the future.

[1] https://ups.legrand.com/en/software/software-download

Regards,
Gabriel