[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown order for servers

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Sep 18 13:59:09 BST 2020

On September 18, 2020 11:02:48 AM GMT+03:00, Kirill Nikonorov
<knikonor at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi Manuel,
>
>thank you for pointing this. I know about upsshed but I have no idea
>how to
>let dependable server to discover that another server was shut down.
>Any
>examples of such scripts?

The nut server will trigger ( via nut client ) upssched on the slaves.
Since I usually approach most things bottom up, I guess that for me the
easiest method would probably be to use arping or ping (something along
ping -c1 $target; echo $? ) to verify ( from the script launched by
upssched ) if the monitored servers are still up. But I am sure that
there are a ton of ways to test, even doing an application-level ( L7 )
verification rather than a L2 or L3 as I suggested above. Not to mention
that dedicated apps exist, of course.
It's up to you to pick the method most appropriate for your use case.

wolfy