[Nut-upsuser] reset "replace battery" flag

Lionel Élie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Sep 21 19:47:22 BST 2020

Hi,

We have a HP R/T 3000 G4 UPS; according to the data returned by the
usbhid-ups driver, it seems to be a "badge engineered" Eaton 5PX UPS
LI R 3000.

We have a stubborn "Replace Battery" alarm that stays despite:

 - physical battery replacement
 - successful quick battery test, started by upscmd
 - successful deep battery test, started by upscmd
 - successful battery test, started from panel
 - "reset fault state" on panel
 - clear fault log on panel

The panel doesn't show any battery-related alarm.

I initially "guessed" this was some kind of stale flag in some
internal NUT database or cache, but I couldn't find on the hard disk
where that is/was, and restarting all NUT daemons & drivers didn't
help either.

Anybody has a clue how I should proceed or debug the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Lionel Mamane