[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CP625HGa shuts down 3 watt load in 2 minutes

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Aug 17 17:12:19 BST 2021

<roger at rogerprice.org> wrote:
> >On Tue, 17 Aug 2021, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Which may explain why tiger-direct had them so cheap, $39.95 a year
> >> ago.
> >>
> >> But as long as it holds up long enough to get my 20kw standby
> >> running, about 4 or 5 seconds, I'm a happy camper.
> >
> >Don't take the risk.  That standby generator needs to start.  Can you
> > open the tiger-direct special and extract the battery?  Perhaps that
> > will give a date, and an idea of what is needed to replace it.
> >
> >Roger

> I second that. I've seen UPSes dying instantly when switching the load
> to a dead but apparently kicking battery.

I've a better idea than that. Has anyone a script that looks at upsc
output say every 15 seconds and finding an ONBAT in that timestamps it
and writes the battery voltage to a log, not on the u-sd but to an SDD
for later checking of the battery's performance? I have 380 G's of SSD's
on that pi, and everything in the high traffic category but /tmp has
been moved to the SSD's. The u-sd gets about 50 megs a day of write
traffic, and the wear leveling has now handled that for a year, its a
64G card with about 12G used so it has plenty of playroom