[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite USB "REMOTE SHUTDOWN"

Aaron Stewart aaron.stewart at baymaterials.com
Tue Aug 17 22:53:00 BST 2021

I appear to be running into the exact same issue, so I was hoping there was some resolution I could borrow wisdom from. Within seconds of connecting the USB cable from a ProxMox 6 server (Kernel 5.4.128) to a Tripp Lite SU2200RTXLCD2U , the UPS triggers “OUTPUT OFF  REMOTE SHUTDOWN” and…cuts off output.

Amazingly, this stack (NUT + server + USB + TrippLite UPS) worked beautifully at first, but has exhibited this behavior ever since I tested with “upsmon -c fsd”, and persisted through reboots.

Was there any resolution to the prior discussion I can borrow from? Any flag or setting I should check on NUT? I already loaded the newest available firmware on the TrippLite unit. If I tail the upsmon log(s) when I plug the UPS in, the shutdown happens before the driver recognizes the device, leading me to assume like the previous poster this is out in the kernel/USB system somewhere.

Thanks,
Aaron

​Disclaimer
​
​​​​​This message may contain confidential information and ​is intended only for the individual(s) or entities ​named above. Any review, retransmission, ​dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of ​this information by persons or entities other than ​the intended recipient is prohibited. ​Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you ​have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this ​​e-mail from any and all computers it may be stored on. ​​No liability is accepted for any errors or omissions ​in the contents of this message which arise as a ​result of e-mail transmission. ​​If verification is required, please request a hard-​copy version. ​No liability is accepted for any damage caused by any ​virus transmitted by this e-mail. The recipient ​should check this e-mail and any attachments for the ​presence of viruses.