[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite USB "REMOTE SHUTDOWN"

David Zomaya David_Zomaya at tripplite.com
Thu Aug 19 03:57:13 BST 2021

> The issue showed up with shipping firmware but persists after I loaded 20.0.1.118.

Ah, you're referring to the WEBCARDLX firmware (i.e. the management card installed in the UPS). There's also a UPS firmware that isn't generally updated in the field I thought you were referring to (that displays on the LCD and is reported via the WEBCARDLX too, probably ends in 16 on that unit).
That firmware should have no impact on this issue, but thank you for clarifying!

> Hardware S/N is 3104JLCPS795200451.

We should get a support ticket open for you like we did with another user. Can you shoot me a direct email (off-list) with your contact information (shipping address and contact number)? I do plan to give the mailing list an update when/if I get to root cause, but I don't have that yet. In the interim, I'd like to see what we can do for you (or anyone else that runs into this... strangely it does not occur on most/all units).

> Is there any hope for using it over SNMP with NUT instead?

It should work. The WEBCARDLX supports the RFC1628 "UPS MIB" and that is what the ITEF driver uses. Generally, our support for  the RFC1628  MIB works in all recent versions.
I can set up some tests later this week or early next week to demonstrate, but feel free to shoot over the specifics of the errors you see and your config if you'd like.

Thank you,
David Zomaya
Tripp Lite
david_zomaya at tripplite.com

 This message is for the addressee's use only. It may contain confidential information. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Tripp Lite disclaims all warranties and liabilities, and assumes no responsibility for viruses which may infect an email sent to you from Tripp Lite and which damage your electronic systems or information. It is your responsibility to maintain virus detection systems to prevent damage to your electronic systems and information.