[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite USB "REMOTE SHUTDOWN"

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Aug 19 12:44:09 BST 2021

On August 18, 2021 10:25:14 PM UTC, Aaron Stewart <aaron.stewart at baymaterials.com> wrote:
>Absolutely.
>
>The issue showed up with shipping firmware but persists after I loaded
>20.0.1.118. Hardware S/N is 3104JLCPS795200451.
>
>Is there any hope for using it over SNMP with NUT instead? It has a web
>card installed, but It didn't seem like TrippLite MIBs were in NUT yet,
>or at least not in v2.7.4-8 that apt pulled in. I tested both "auto"
>and "ietf" MIB options in my config. IETF yielded some values but
>several uninterpreted/error values, too.
>
>[cid:867ffc5f-a3f9-46a8-9769-ad5369a0d4c7]
>IT & Office Manager
>
>________________________________
>
>P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
>
>​------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>​Disclaimer
>>​​​​​This message may contain confidential information and ​is intended
>only for the individual(s) or entities ​named above. Any review,
>retransmission, ​dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of
>​this information by persons or entities other than ​the intended
>recipient is prohibited. ​Please notify the sender immediately by
>e-mail if you ​have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this
>​​e-mail from any and all computers it may be stored on. ​​No liability
>is accepted for any errors or omissions ​in the contents of this
>message which arise as a ​result of e-mail transmission. ​​If
>verification is required, please request a hard-​copy version. ​No
>liability is accepted for any damage caused by any ​virus transmitted
>by this e-mail. The recipient ​should check this e-mail and any
>attachments for the ​presence of viruses.

Back to original post, I wonder if `upsmon -c fsd` had left a file (e.g. `/tmp/killflag` or some such) that gets interpreted as an ongoing FSD when the client starts?

I think some such files could be expected to either be on a tmpfs (wiped by reboot) or cleared by startup of an earlier SYSV style service (if written under /etc) - so not sure how e.g. systemd integrations coded by distros outside of NUT handle this or not.

Beside this, I did see "issues" with a shutdown just after boot because the UPS was not charged enough after an outage and was both set to power-on ASAP and to actively post an FSD (which NUT recognized) if battery was below a certain charge level, since it could not guarantee a safe shutdown if wall-power would disappear again.

Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android