[Nut-upsuser] Liebert GXT4

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Feb 28 22:14:17 GMT 2021

On February 28, 2021 7:08:21 PM UTC, Matthew Rivett via Nut-upsuser <nut-upsuser at alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:
>Thanks Jim.  Attached are my notes from compiling on the Raspberry PI.
>am having some permission issues but I think it is working enough that
>see the similar results with the latest master.
>
>On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 7:22 AM Matthew Rivett <mrivett at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jim.  I will attempt to do the build and see if that works.
>I'll
>> respond back with my results.  It might take awhile; I don't have
>much
>> experience compiling code but I"ll figure it out.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 6:36 AM Jim Klimov <jimklimov at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>
>>> At this time, a newer version than pre-packaged would be a build
>from
>>> master branch on github. We are still tying up some loose ends to
>cut a
>>> nect official release.
>>>
>>> Jim

>been
>>>>

>https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2017-June/010682.html

>/lib/udev/rules.d/62-nut-usbups.rules
>GROUP="nut"

>SMC9514 Hub

>the
>It

>Recommends

>09:14:10

Thanks for the detailed log. Seems your build went well and device was recognized.

Note that with debugging mode (with `-D` args) daemons do not go to background currently. This may be okay for example with systemd (but for type=simple IIRC, not forking) but not for init scripts used in many OSes. So while you test, be sure to not abort the driver by Ctrl+C in the terminal :) (can Ctrl+Z and enter `bg` in the shell while experimenting). For production just start it with usual backgrounding debugless mode.

Also you need to start upsd (also can go from terminal with debugging, but eventually also as a system service) - this is the networked daemon that represents local drivers (usbhid-ups) over network to clients (uupsc, upsmon and many others). I assume the last lines' Connection error is the lack of upsd on localhost.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android