[Nut-upsuser] New User Questions (again) - With Belkin USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 23:01:48 GMT 2021

On Jan 23, 2021, at 1:07 PM, David White via Nut-upsuser <nut-upsuser at alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:

> I did the chmod myself thinking that there might be some odd access/permission problem and will change it back since that hasn't changed diddly.
>
> ls -l /dev/bus/usb/001/003 shows:
> crw-rw----. 1 root aid_usb 189, 2 Jan 23 00:06 /dev/bus/usb/001/003

Is the NUT system user in the aid_usb group? That is the recommended way to fix this, though you could try to alter whatever is setting that group on the /dev node, or do something else with permissions.

If your version of NUT has nutdrv_qx, that's about the only other driver I would expect to work with that hardware.