[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] Proposal: "experimental" namespace for non-standard NUT variables

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 19:21:30 BST 2021

Thanks Roger for the proposed changes, now they are largely incorporated
into this PR: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/1046

For the community at large: can I assume everyone with an opinion about
this introduction of "experimental.*" prefix for contributor-defined
concepts in new NUT drivers to fast-track merging of their contributions
(especially where it stalled for months and original authors walked
offline), agrees with such change?

In the coming weeks I hope to go over such stalled PRs (and some recent
merges, e.g. of https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/975) to make
the codebases adhere to the changed standard (by adding the prefix) and so
get more drivers into main NUT tree and less PRs stalled.

It would be very welcome if someone beats me to that and proposes better
names right away before PRs are merged ;)

Some points to look at (there may be some I missed in the cursory search)
include:
*
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/431/files#diff-acced4571bb1961933a847e91d650ece737286bab496e4875d86b058a7c4606fR461
- nearly all of this mapping table