[Nut-upsuser] Request For Additional Status Confirmation

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Fri Mar 5 21:13:53 GMT 2021

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021, Jon Kinne wrote:

> Sounds as if that is what I need, but I'm such a Linux newbie I'm not sure
> how to do that. Can you give me some more detail, please? I appreciate your
> help...thanks very much, if you have the time.

(Please keep the list traffic on the list - others may be able to help you.)

Basically you want to pipe the output of command upsc <myups> ups.status to a
simple mail program.  On the command line it would look something like

  upsc <myups> ups.status 2>/dev/null | mailx -s "UPS status" sysadmin at example.com

When this is working, put it in a shell script called ups-report and call it on
system start by adding the line

  @reboot root ups-report &

to /etc/crontab.  See
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/linux/usage/cron.md