[Nut-upsuser] [EXTERNAL] Tripp Lite "Remote Shutdown" when USB cable is attached

David Zomaya David_Zomaya at tripplite.com
Sat Mar 6 18:35:00 GMT 2021

>> Issues happen pre-init.  So no NUT.  Also tested on systems with, and without NUT installed.

Thanks. This helps narrow things down.

>> I have confirmed this issue with the ubuntu-20.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso, to make sure you can replicate it

This should be easy enough to test on my end.

>>  I will strive to test/prove that out early next week.

Thanks, let me know what you find and I'll keep you in the loop on my progress too.

(As an aside: if we need to drop the mailing list given this is NOT a Network UPS Tools problem, just let me know. I assume at the least we should loop the community in on the *outcome*)

Thank you,
David Zomaya
Tripp Lite
 This message is for the addressee's use only. It may contain confidential information. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Tripp Lite disclaims all warranties and liabilities, and assumes no responsibility for viruses which may infect an email sent to you from Tripp Lite and which damage your electronic systems or information. It is your responsibility to maintain virus detection systems to prevent damage to your electronic systems and information.