[Nut-upsuser] Request For Additional Status Confirmation

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sun Mar 7 19:01:34 GMT 2021

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021, Jon Kinne via Nut-upsuser wrote:

> I don't understand. I edited the rc.local script to what you indicated ( sudo
> -u nut ...) and now when the Pi reboots I don't get any messages. I'm afraid
> I'm too much of a beginner to see what you mean.

When sudo doesn't do anything, then the problem is usually in the file
/etc/sudoers which says who has the authority to issue which commands.

See man sudoers.

The best approach is to use command visudo as root to modify this file.  If you
prefer to use emacs as your editor, use command

  VISUAL=/usr/bin/emacs visudo -f /etc/sudoers

There is a detailed visudo tutorial at
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-edit-the-sudoers-file

Roger