[Nut-upsuser] Request For Additional Status Confirmation

Jon Kinne jhkinne1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 01:25:40 GMT 2021

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021, Jon Kinne via Nut-upsuser wrote:
>> I don't understand. I edited the rc.local script to what you
>> indicated ( sudo -u nut ...) and now when the Pi reboots I don't get
>> any messages. I'm afraid I'm too much of a beginner to see what you
>> mean.
>
> When sudo doesn't do anything, then the problem is usually in the file
> /etc/sudoers which says who has the authority to issue which commands.
>
> See man sudoers.
>
> The best approach is to use command visudo as root to modify this
> file.  If you prefer to use emacs as your editor, use command
>
>  VISUAL=/usr/bin/emacs visudo -f /etc/sudoers
>
> There is a detailed visudo tutorial at
> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-edit-the-sudoers-file
>
> OK, I have one user, "pi".  Here is the list of permissions:
Matching Defaults entries for pi on raspberry-pi:
     env_reset, mail_badpass,
secure_path=/usr/local/sbin\:/usr/local/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin\:/sbin\:/bi
n,
     env_keep+=NO_AT_BRIDGE, env_keep+="http_proxy HTTP_PROXY",
     env_keep+="https_proxy HTTPS_PROXY", env_keep+="ftp_proxy FTP_PROXY",
     env_keep+=RSYNC_PROXY, env_keep+="no_proxy NO_PROXY"

User pi may run the following commands on raspberry-pi:
     (ALL : ALL) ALL
     (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Given that, I don't see what you would have me do. I'm sure it all seems
obvious to you, but if "pi" can do everything, why doesn't the command run?