[Nut-upsuser] ONLINE + LOWBATT shutdown

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Mon Mar 8 21:42:50 GMT 2021

On 3/8/21 11:09 PM, Lee Damon via Nut-upsuser wrote:
> Over the weekend one of three UPSs in our server room decided one of
> it's new batteries was bad. I thought maybe the battery wasn't really
> bad since I'd forgotten to tell the UPS to recalibrate.

> I tried to get the UPS to recharge so I could get it to recalibrate
> but at some point it flagged LOWBATT and even though it was on line
> power NUT decided to shut down the world.

this should not have happened because it's the standard situation when
the battery is depleted and recharging

> Needless to say, this was undesirable.

right. it should not have happened

> Is there any configuration change I can make to say "only shut down if
> the UPS is reporting both ONBATT and LOWBATT"?

as far as I can tell you have a different issue over there that needs
investigation. as long as the UPS is on line power ( and the input
voltage is within limits ),  nut should not trigger a shutdown