[Nut-upsuser] How to reset "Shutting Down" Status in Tray-App without re-Starting the monitoring (WIN 7) Computer?

Jürgen Wege jwege at gmx.net
Tue May 4 17:50:23 BST 2021

Roger,

thanks for the hint.

I tried that already before sending the mail to the group, by terminating the Tray app manually sitting in front of the machine and re-started it via Windows explorer. But it keeps the (wrong/old) status.

It also keeps the old date for "STARTTIME".

So, it seems to me that the daemon is not prepared to collect a new status and holds the status as long as it is running (assuming it will be shut down once that status appeared which would most likely be be true in a "normal" setup) and the tray app just requests the status from the daemon ... my tought. So, it would be nice if there was a method to tell the daemon to change that state.

On the other hand ... it could easily be the case that in the grant time between "shutting down" status and the real "off" of the UPS, the power could come back. Then, I assume that there would be a similar problem?

Jürgen